Are you ready to experience Chicago from a fun and unique perspective? The Chicago Department of Transportation aims to offer all city residents an affordable and accessible transportation option with . The service has hundreds of rentable bicycles in stations throughout the city. Students can cycle from the shores of Lake Michigan to the entertainment of Chicago's downtown and back to Mies Campus—all without buying a bike. Two options are available for students to use the program at a more affordable rate:
Divvy for Everyone (D4E): Chicago
(D4E) provides qualifying residents with a $5 annual membership. The program also incorporates a cash payment system for those Chicago residents who do not have a debit card, credit card, or prepaid card required for a standard Divvy membership.
D4E Program Features
- First year, $5 annual membership
- Pay with credit, debit, prepaid card, or cash
- In-person enrollment at Divvy sign-up centers (locations below)
- Option to keep membership through a local initiatives support corporation (LISC)-supported credit-building program
- No extra charges for riding an e-bike to/from anywhere in
EligibilityD4E is available to students at any of Chicago’s colleges and universities who qualify for financial aid (merit scholarships, grants, loans, etc.). D4E is also available to Chicago residents aged 16 and older receiving SNAP, WIC, LIHEAP, FAFSA, or public housing assistance. For in-person sign-ups only: you can show your financial aid award letter or proof of annual household income at or below 300 percent of the federal poverty level. Students who have no income also qualify for D4E.
How to EnrollYou can also sign up at any of the Divvy Sign Up Center during our riding season!
The Divvy for Everyone in-person sign-up centers will re-open in May 2022 during the start of our riding season.
If you require assistance with signing up or looking to pay with cash during our off-season, please reach out email@example.com to make an appointment with one of our outreach team members.Please plan to bring a state-issued ID and proof of WIC, SNAP, LIHEAP, Medicaid, FAFSA, public housing, or paycheck stub if employed to your confirmed appointment. Individuals with no income are encouraged to apply in person in order to sign an affidavit confirming zero income. Enrollment hours are subject to change—please make an appointment ahead of time before visiting a center.
Divvy Annual MembershipFor our 2022–23 academic year, we have partnered with Divvy for a more affordable bike-share price. All Illinois Tech affiliates, including Vandercook College of Music, are welcome to create an account and use the code “IIT298DIV” to partake in the Chicago area bike-share system. Ready to ride?
- Go to and “Login” or “Join”
- Under “Annual Membership,” click “Join and Save”
- Click “Enter” promo code
- Enter your promo code “IIT298DIV” in the pop-up and click “Done”
- If your program requires email verification, enter your school or work email address and click “Verify” for an email to be sent to complete verification
- Once verified, you will see the discounted membership price. Finishing checking out