- Four years of English
- Four years of mathematics
- Three years of science
Requirements and Application Checklist
- Complete the application for admission. There is no application fee to apply to Illinois Tech. Applications are available through the .
- Submit official or certified copies of the marks or grades of courses completed prior to university or college entrance, as well as all board examination scores. In cases where official transcripts are not issued in English, you must submit the official native language transcript along with a certified translated English version. Transcripts can be submitted through the Common Application by a school official or uploaded to your Application Tracker once you have submitted your application. Transcripts must reflect at least three full years of grades or marks upon applying.
Please email supporting documents to email@example.com or mail to the following address:
Illinois Institute of Technology
Office of Undergraduate Admission
10 West 33rd Street
Perlstein Hall, Room 101
Chicago, IL 60616
Official SAT I and ACT Test Scores (Optional): In response to the challenges created by COVID-19, Illinois Tech will not require standardized tests for undergraduate applicants in spring 2021 and fall 2021. This policy applies to all first-year, transfer, and international applicants and all merit scholarship considerations. Students who do not submit standardized scores will not be disadvantaged in the application process.Students may be asked to take a math placement exam to determine course readiness if they are applying to a more rigorous academic program.
For students who have already taken the SAT I or ACT and want to submit standardized test scores, your test scores will be considered supplemental information in your application. Illinois Tech's SAT code is 1318; the ACT code is 1040. Illinois Tech will super score any official scores that are submitted.
- Provide Illinois Tech an official copy of the English proficiency Duolingo English Test, TOEFL or IELTS score report. The TOEFL code to send your scores to Illinois Tech is 1318. Duolingo English Test can be submitted directly by indicating Illinois Institute of Technology. Read more about the English proficiency test requirements.
- Provide a completed evaluation form or letter of recommendation from your counselor or a teacher (especially in the subjects of math, science, or English). One letter is required but up to three are accepted. Letters of recommendation can be submitted through the Common Application or mailed to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Submit Illinois Tech's Financial Affidavit of Support to demonstrate that you or your sponsor have available finances to meet the educational and living expenses while you are a student at Illinois Tech. The Financial Affidavit of Support and supporting documents are required to receive your admission and scholarship decision. Please read the instructions for the Financial Affidavit of Support before submitting it.
- Provide a copy of your passport, which is needed to fulfill the visa requirements. You may upload a copy of your passport to your Application Tracker after you have submitted your application. The passport copy is not needed for review purposes and can be sent in after you receive your admission decision. Read more about the visa requirements.